If you are planning on visiting Isla Canela now that the kids have gone back to school and the temperatures have dropped a little here is a little information on the airport. You can book your inspection trips here http://www.islacanelaproperty.com/viewing/
Faro Airport also known as Algarve Airport, is located 4 km to the west of Faro in Portugal. The airport opened in July 1965 and became a hub for the first time in March 2010, when Ryanair decided to base seven of its aircraft there. There is only one terminal building which handles the arrivals and departures. In 2014, over 6 million passengers passed through the terminal.
There are 36 boarding gates 6 of which have direct sleeves or air bridges to the planes. The airport is able to handle 24 flights and 2 400 passengers per hour. There are currently 22 parking spaces for aircrafts and 11 more are expected to open soon, as a result of the improvements that started in 2013.
Over the next four years the airport is expected to increase its operation capacity to 30 flights and 3 000 passengers per hour the terminal will then be able to process up to 8 million passengers annually.
There are lots of facilities available inside the terminal.:
- Free wi-fi for Internet access
- Public phones and mobile shop
- Post office, exchange and money transfer counters
- Lockers for luggage and personal belongings
- Information desks and lost & found support
- Police station
- Playgrounds for children
- Bathrooms with baby care facilities
- Special assistance service for passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility
- Airport concierge service and assistance with luggage
- Newspaper shops, magazines and tobacco
- Restaurants, cafes and bars