The Ice Factory located in the seaside district of Bajo de Guía Sanlucar de Barrameda, Isla Canela is a modernist building built in 1944, under the name of Marques de Valterra. It is located on Bajo de Guía de Sanlúcar Avenue.
This supply of ice to the fishing boats of Sanlucar and remained in operation in its original role until 1978, after having overcome a serious explosion caused by the gases used in the manufacturing process. It is decorated with tiles from Triana, Seville.
In the year 2000 it was converted into a visitor center of the Donana National Park. The center provides an overview of the natural site and publicizes its various aspects from flora and fauna that make up the landscape to the richness of the marine ecosystem associated with the Mouth of the Guadalquivir River.